Monday, March 13, 2006

Absolute Poker Tournament Win

Tournaments:

I won my first AbsolutePoker.comTournament last night. This is a pretty soft site, from my experience. One of the great things is that the players there don't realize it. They tell you that their site is tougher than any site you will name drop to them. Their tournaments run pretty smooth as well not to mention table size and play.

I have had a few final tables at this site, I've even left when I was well into the payout structure on one occassion, to go play in a live tournament(Final tabled). Needless to say I got my money back times about 9, in the online tourney, so I was ok with leaving even though that probably would have been my first win at Absolutepoker. I don't know, I would choose live play over online play, but that is a whole other topic I have sermoned in the past, and I don't want to open a can of worms.

As for this site being soft, it is. Everytime I play at AP I am amazed that some of these players dump their money and chips. Their ring player decisions are the same as the site name "ABSOLUTE." Their play is a yes/no strategy of fold or pretty much all in. The majority of the players at the lower ring limits($1 and under) are rediculously easy to read, if someone raises you 5 times your bet, they have the nuts, no bluff, semibluff, or deception, just Nuts... It took me a few bucks and a few tables to learn this. I don't understand it but it is a ripe for the pickings. As for the tournaments, this is where you will find the bluffs, weak, I might add. I don't know, I am perplexed by this bland play at this site, how I have not noticed it until recently I don't know. I just started playing at this site again, because I didn't see what was going on before. I am now taking advantage of it. It's funny, you would think that a player would search out the weak sites and own at said site, but, a few of their players were proud to say that Absolute was the toughest and any other site was "Newbville," which begs the question.

Why would you play at a site where the greatest players are at if you are trying to make money?

Come on, AbsolutePoker.com is a Feather Pillow.

As for Tournament play goes, they run their tournaments smoothly, not to many game freezes like Ultimate Bet. There are only 9 players to a table which I think loosens the players' game there for some reason. Not to mention their final tables tighten up big time when it goes short handed, kind of a reversal if you ask me. This is a soft site, go to it, make money. Take advantage of the 300% deposit bonus, that you will never be able to clear if you deposit a significant amount, Don't deposit more than you can clear, I did that and got myself into trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home