Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Pay'n Rent with Poker:

You know, working at Budweiser has its perks, free beer and laid back atmosphere. There is a down side in doing what I do for the king of beers, contemporary marketing rep. I don't get enough hours, I've went almost an entire month without working, so I have to find other ways to pay the rent.

I scrounge, sale stuff on ebay, and work odd jobs, but lately, poker has been my bread winner. I am no pro by no means, and I don't make much playing poker on a regular basis, but when I just paid rent after not working for almost a month, with straight poker winnings, mind you. The bank account was looking very dismal. I was considering moving back home until I find a better job or graduate. But... I quote Phil Collins when I say "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight! Oh Oh!" I played a holdem tournament at a local bar, its legit because it is a freeroll. I went there with a mission and took that mutha down. The prize was sweet, sweet, nectar in the form of a roll of $20 bills. These two tourneys, hosted every Tuesday, have been my savior along with online cash games on more than one account. Even though its not a glamourous poker players life, maybe, just maybe it will be one day. Atleast I'm not sleeping in the park.

Graciously,
Trae

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home