Friday, February 24, 2006

NOBODY BEATS AIDS(Even at the Poker Table):

Its true. Sadly, not even at the poker table... So I headed out this week for a live tournament. I was feeling pretty good about cashing the prior week, and ready to do the same again. I received my chips, and recognized a few people at my table, so I was feeling pretty good considering I have been successful against a few of them before. And then it starts .....

I am in Seat 2.

The player in Seat 3, one seat to my left, is pushing people out of pots. Someone bets a feeler bet he bumps it up 2.5 times that bet, and takes the pot. It only took once for me to figure this out but Seat 4 was just stubborn and wanted to bump heads. Seat 4 took one decent sized pot and that made him the chipleader at our table. Then the All-in fest started....

The first one involved Seat 4 and Seat 3:

The hand was folded around to Seat 3 on the button, who called the BB. Seat 4, in the SB bumps it up 300 more on top of the 50/100 blinds and the BB folds.

Flop: 4d, 5d, Jx

Seat 4: bets 300

Seat 3: bets 800 more

Seat 4: calls

Turn: 9x

Seat 4: checks

Seat 3: bets 500

Seat 4: raises ALL-IN

Seat 3:Doesn't hesitate and Calls

Seat 4: Shows A, J o

Seat 3: Shows 2, 3 o

"WTF!" [I know]

River: A

The table reaction is Guffaws around Seat 4 is now smoldering, he is so red-assed right now, he is pretty much grunting like a babboon, it is unreal. The whole table in one way or another is onto Seat 3's game. The very next hand flops a flush draw with 3 spades on the board, including Ks. Seat 6 moves all after Seat 3 bumps seat 4s feeler bet 800 more and and seat 4 folds. Seat 3 calls and both show a pair of Kings with seat 3 having a 6 kicker and seat 6 having a 7 neither having a spade. Needless to say its now rediculous due to a split pot. Seat 3 just 2 hands later gets another all-in win, but not for much as the player only had about 400 left in chips. Seat 3 is now feeling pretty confident.

Confrontation 1
I'm in the BB with KK.

Seat 3 and 4 call.

Me: Raises 400 on top of the 50/100 blinds. I make a light comment "This one's for you buddy."

Seat 3: bumps it up 1000 more.

Seat 4: Is metaphorically throwing feces in his cage and calls.

Me: Call

Flop: 2c, 5c, qs

Me: Bet 400

Seat 3: Raises to 1000

Seat 4: Now beyond steaming and is now starting to melt, he folds.

Me: I raise ALL-IN.

Seat 3: Makes a quick call

Me: Show K,K and have him covered by 500

Seat 3: Show 10s, 5s

Turn: 6h

River: 5h


Seat 3 is now Dubbed "AIDS"


Next hand I move all in with A Q and AIDS decides to fold(!?!) with the rest of the table.


We are now one hand before the next blind level and the table folds around to me. Seat 4 is in the SB and AIDS is on the button. After my BB call was raised to 200 by the babboon in seat 4,and AIDS calling the BB along with me, I move all in with Qs, 10s.

AIDS calls

Seat 4 moves all in on top of that.

AIDS calls again and the show begins.

Me: shows Qs, 10s

AIDS: shows 6c, 8c (suited this time)

Seat 4: shows A, 4 o...He is now a puddle.

Flop: 6s, 8s( two spades...F You AIDS), 6h

Turn: call a preacher

River: Trae is dead


A buddy of mine that was seated at the table with me later said that AIDS busted the entire table including my buddy. Hopefully the AIDS epidemic was quarantined. If you run into AIDS at the poker table I would consider asking for blood transfusion from him/her. The moral of this outting is: Bad Beats happen, but F that, you can't win against luck in its purist form. AIDS sucks.




testing negative,
Trae

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home